Friday, October 31, 2008

Well???


So I have my most recent Jason Michael Carroll concert almost an entire 3 weeks into the history of JMC concerts, and am waiting ever so patiently for the tour schedule to give me something to look forward to. Last year at this time I was 2 days away from my first Raisin the Bar show (my first Jason experience) and then 6 days later had another RTB show to look forward to. On the heels of that was a February show with freezing rain for the trip home, and then the festival season was right around the corner.

I know I have the festival season to look forward to again but with the doom and gloom of winter knocking spring seems so far away. If I lived in the "less seasonal" south I could enjoy the festival season year round. In Wisconsin we have 4 months or so where the weather is bound to be tolerable, if not dry and sunny. Not nearly enough for me, but family keeps me here for now.

So now I am sitting waiting and wondering when I will get my next JMC fix. Each time I listen to the CD or watch a JMC video (I love you Youtube!) I find myself wanting that fix even more and even sooner. What is it about a great country artist that is so darn addictive? I saw 8 shows in 2008, which is 6 or 7 more than alot of people and even 8 more than many.

Maybe I am a bit greedy? Hard not to be when those bass lines come rumbling out over the speakers and you can feel the ground rumble beneath your feet. Watching the band jumping up and down and getting into the show, feeding off the very energy that they are putting into the crowd - and taking that energy right back to keep the flow going.

I probably shouldn't be complaining; courtesy of JMC's management and some web angels somewhere we once again have a place to call home. We have our family back, fellow friends who share the love and appreciation for Jason, the band and the rest of the crew. We can talk about shows coming, discuss shows past - and share photos and favorite memories. I have the holiday card exchange coming up so December should deliver my Jason fix securely into my mailbox and we have a fan club order of "Livestrong" type bracelets on the horizon which I am very excited about. Perhaps when I am looking for my next concert fix, I should take a visit to Official JMC
and be glad to have a place to call home.

2 comments:

Amber Mize said...

ive got a link up to you on the jmcfan site ;)

Anonymous said...

HEY ITS JESSICA FROM KY JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW IN CASE YOU ALREADY DIDNT....FOUND OUT JASON WILL BE IN WISCONSIN IN JUNE FOR THE COUNTRY SPLASH FESTIVAL...THAT TOO FAR FOR ME SO IM GOING TO WAIT IT OUT A LITTLE LONGER BUT I HOPE YOU GET TO GO SINCE YOU ARE IN THE STATE!!