Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No news is...


Well - it is no news. Sounds like the weekend shows went great from recaps from some of the Bucky fans who took in Saturday's show in PA. Jason Michael Carroll led off with a short set of about 5 songs, then Bucky took the stage followed by Jason Aldean. I really dig the shows with 2 or 3 artists, it is a fantastic chance to get to know another artist aside from the one you really came to see. Bucky led me to Jason, and Jason has led me over to Jake Owen - so I am sure there are plenty more adventures down the road and more stars waiting.

There is a downside to the multiple billings though - and any of you who have been to one of those shows will recognize it - you get "short-setted". The artist you went to see will most likely being doing a considerably shorter set than if they were headlining, and you feel like you just didn't get enough. Of course that can be a bonus for the artists - if I don't feel that I got enough at a show - I am doubly determined to find out when the next one nearby is and to be there. Just don't like it that feeling though - that there wasn't enough. Don't like hearing about it from other fans either, no matter who the artist. I am one of those fans that if I find an artist I truly enjoy listening to - I could listen all day long. Sing your songs, sing some cover songs - sing me the alphabet, just keep singing. Not sure how that would work out in regards to the artists vocal chords - but I am thinking around the 2-3 hour mark, I might be fresh out of luck. Meanwhile, if you hear of a JMC Sing-A-Marathon gig coming up - let me know, I am soooooo there!

No comments: