Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Anywhere USA


Somewhere right now, people are looking forward to catching Jason Michael Carroll in concert. I know I am, even though he was just here 5 days ago. Folks lucky enough to live near Blackfoot Idaho or Pendleton Oregon are up next on the tour schedule. I actually mapquested the Idaho gig... in a mere 20 hours I can be there - maybe even front and center. Where can you catch Jason in concert? Pretty much anywhere - Anywhere USA as the song goes.

Jason has been hitting the road hard, and still drawing huge crowds off his debut CD. His live show also offers a sneak peek at some of the songs that will make the cut onto his sophomore CD. I can say first hand - they are fantastic! "Tears", "Barnburner" and "Where I'm From" are destined to become fan favorites. A search over on YouTube will give you some clips from this summers shows of many of his songs, including these 3.

So while Jason is on his way to Anywhere USA, I am recovering from his local shows. I was lucky enough to hit 3 in 7 days which made for one of those "walking in a daydream" sort of weeks. I started with a trip to IL to catch the Stephenson County Fair. I have been to a good handful of "fairs" this summer to take in concerts - and this one was actually a fair. Midway, farm critters, even a Big Cats exhibit, and darned if they didn't have a JMC show on top of it! Jake Owen opened the show and gained a new fan or 50, and Jason of course - if it were possible outside - raised the roof. Will follow up tomorrow with the Midwest Threshermans Reunion in Mt. Pleasant Iowa - the half way point of my JMC Trifecta. Have a good Thursday, check out the links list and visit Brittany's Battle. Lots going on there, including a great fundraiser coming up in Raleigh, NC with lots of awesome silent auction items.

No comments: